The National Cartoonists Society Foundation and the Kenosha Festival of Cartooning are passionate about supporting children’s charities. As part of festival 2014 we are raising money for Children’s Hospitals of Wisconsin’s Kenosha Clinic and Open Wings – a learning community for children with autism and other learning challenges.
The benefit auction includes original cartoon art, illustrations and collectible ephemera and will happen in two phases:
Online bidding at “buy it now” prices only
- · When: From September 13-25 2014
- · Where: On Indiegogo
- · How: Items will be listed as “perks” at their “buy it now” price
o To claim and item select your “perk” and pay via paypal or credit card
o Only 20 items can be listed at a time so items will be rotated over the course of the 12 days of the online auction
o Any item unclaimed for more than 3 days will be rotated out – it may come back later but don’t take this for granted
o All unclaimed items will then go to live auction September 27 2014
Live Silent Auction/Reception
- · When: Saturday, September 27 2014 6:00-8:00 pm
- · Where: Kenosha Public Museum 5500 1st Avenue Kenosha WI
- · How: Items unsold online will be up for bidding at the museum using the silent auction format. “Buy It Now” prices will remain the same as they were during the online auction but lower bid amounts will also be an option. Payment will be due for all items AT the auction.
o There will be many items of ephemera that will ONLY be at the live auction
o There is no admission charge to the auction BUT ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED at email@example.com
o Admission includes a 1 beer or wine ticket and there will be a catered reception with live music by the Dave Braun Trio
We have some AMAZING items up for auction this year!
When bidding please remember that this is a charity event to raise as much money as possible for our worthy causes.
We will post images of the items once all items have been received and catalogued. Watch this space for updates.